Thread: Strange problem where an entire grid gets highlighted/selected (similar to CTRL+A)

Sencha User

Default Strange problem where an entire grid gets highlighted/selected (similar to CTRL+A)

Hi,

I have a strange problem, where a certain action in my application results in the visible grids on the page selecting/highlighting all the rows as though the user has pressed CTRL+A (see image below).

selectall.jpg

The action isn't that out-of-the-ordinary, so I'm confused as to how/why this happens, or how to even diagnose the issue in order to fix.

I'm basically clicking a button in a modal window which performs an AJAX call. Upon success, this window is closed, all rows become highlighted, and then grid reloads (but remains selected).

Really confused with this one, so any help in pointing me in a vague direction would be highly appreciated.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Are you clicking and then dragging the mouse even a little? That would select everything.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha User

Thanks for the reply Mitchell

Well I personally cannot replicate the problem at all (it's something raised by the QA department - I think they're using IE8). I'm waiting on them reproducing the problem for me - and the only reason I raised this prior to seeing it for myself, is that I read a thread on here sometime last week where I saw someone mentioning the exact same issue (which I can't find now - damn me clearing my browsing history!).

I'll see if they're simply doing the "click and drag" and report back...