20 Feb 2012 6:12 AM #1
Scrollbar error on column resize
Ext version tested:
- Ext 4.1.0 beta 2
Browser versions tested against:
- Internet Explorer 22.214.171.12421
- Firefox 9.0.1 (Firebug 1.9.0)
- Chrome 16.0.912.75m
- Safari 5.1.2 (7534.52.7)
- Opera 11.60(build 1185)
DOCTYPE tested against:
- <!DOCTYPE html>
- There is a problem that occurs when resizing a grid column after scrolling down. The scroll bar jumps to the top although the grid itself does not scroll. The behaviour is different depending on the browser. Firefox and Internet Explorer suffer from this for every column resize. Safari and Chrome only show this problem the first time you resize a column. Opera doesn't exhibit the problem at all.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Load the example at http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/grid/array-grid.html
- Scroll down to the bottom of the grid
- Resize a column
The result that was expected:
- The column resizes and no vertical scrolling occurs
The result that occurs instead:
- The scroll bar moves whilst the view does not.
See this URL for live test case: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/grid/array-grid.html
Debugging already done:
- not provided
Additional CSS used:
Page source shows:
For IE, also include:
- Windows 7 x64
20 Feb 2012 7:32 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
The example in the API Docs is using the last stable version which is 4.0.7. Can you reproduce this using Ext JS 4.1.0 beta2 because I cannot?Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services email@example.com
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
21 Feb 2012 1:21 AM #3
>Can you reproduce this using Ext JS 4.1.0 beta2
Yes. I first noticed it on your site and then tried it on the 4.1 release before submitting the bug.
21 Feb 2012 1:43 AM #4
I appreciate that there's not much to be done if you can't reproduce the issue. Strangely I don't have this problem on the grids in the application I'm developing, so I don't personally need a fix for this.