28 Feb 2012 2:40 AM #1
Embedding or integration API and general buyer questions
We are working on an advanced app-studio and we'd like to integrate a solution for animated content. I am in charge to evaluate the solutions and I am wondering this can be archived with the Sencha animator :
- Can we extend Sencha Studio with an own set of "actions" ? We'd like to add some own pre-made options for onClick events. For instance : "OpenJoomlaArticle".
- We'd like to embedd the animator's output within native and hybrid iOS/Android apps. Are there collisions with Dojo possible ?
- Are we allowed to re-distribute a set of pre-made animations within a commercial application ? For instane, we do a few "templates" and offer them within our app-studio for further and slight customization.
- Do we have the full source code of the run-time as Sencha customer ? For instance we'd like to add back button or navigation bar.
Thank you very much,
28 Feb 2012 8:10 AM #2
1. Can we extend? > We are working on something like that. Stay tuned, and get in touch with me privately.
2. Collisions with Dojo? > Arne is more qualified to answer but my hunch is no.
3. Redistribute pre-made animations? > You should really explain this to me more in depth. A phone call would be more appropriate. Sounds fine in principle but I need to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.
4. Run-time > The runtime is a normal web engine like webkit or gecko. Not sure where you want to add a back button, but whatever you export with Animator is pure HTML5 + CSS3 + JS (I like to call it the Web Stack).
Don't forget to get in touch!--
28 Feb 2012 8:33 AM #3
The JS code is under the "AN" prefix, so that should be collision free. Depending on how you want to integrate with your page, you might have to tweak the css some. The easiest way to integrate an animation is to use an iframe.
28 Feb 2012 10:15 AM #4
Just great, thanks for your reply. Regarding 3. :
For instance, we'd like to create some "funky" launcher scenes with Sencha Animator instead of the classical ones (see screen-shot here ). Then hopefully we can make those Sencha scenes as a sort of template and our users can fill it as usual via drag'n drop (screenshot). In these basic scenarios its just replacing the link target and thats it. And of course I need to parse the Sencha output in order the create the Dnd targets or enable further customizations but I guess that should go fine.
However, you see that we remove somehow the need to have the Sencha Animator it self and that's why I thought that could be not in your interest.
I guess, we can find a way to solve this problem. I will go ahead with some deeper details and get in touch by the end of the week.
And about the iFrame, no worry, I found some posts how to integrate it with less pain :-)
Last edited by mc007ibi; 28 Feb 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: typos
27 Apr 2012 12:45 AM #5
we tried to contact CaliLuke but we've got no response so far. We'd like to extend our trial period as we've got a bit late in our schedule. Can we contact somebody else ?
27 Apr 2012 7:22 AM #6
27 Apr 2012 7:37 AM #7
I didn't notice the pm, sorry about that. I'll get to it today.--