Thread: Sencha selling my data

Default Sencha selling my data

I'm being e-mail spammed, unacceptably, by the Gartner idiots, because " Your Mobile Enterprise Application Platform vendor (Sencha) provided us with your contact information". I never gave you the authority to do so. Explain. Now. And explain how you will compensate me for this vile invasion of my privacy. I love your products but your business appears to be managed by people with no ethics. And that's really, really scary.

Sencha User

Hi Wildaker. There seems to be some sort of mistake on our part here. We're currently undergoing Gartner's Enterprise Mobile Application Platform research process. As part of that, we've provided contact information for 15 customer references who've agreed to participate in the research report. If you haven't agreed to participate in the report, then we didn't follow our own process here and I apologize, and will contact Gartner to take you off the reference list. (The other possible explanation is that someone in your company provided us with your contact information and didn't tell you - but I'm going to guess that this is a lot less likely.) We don't sell contact information to anyone.

Sencha User

Well it turn out that Gartner is calling the wrong reference list. You agreed to be on the reference list in *2010* for the 2011 research report on Mobile Consumer Platforms - and somehow Gartner is calling people on that list instead of, or in addition to our reference list for this year.

I apologize for the unintended spam, and we've asked Gartner to use the correct list. I"ll pm you to follow up on this.

Thanks for your comprehensive response and explanation of what seems to be a genuine mistake (and that on Gartner's part). I'm very happy to be a reference for Sencha. I'm simply not happy dealing with Gartner, as I found its hectoring and extremely spammy approach to be remarkably offensive in manner. Again, thanks, and if I over-reacted I apologise.

Same thing here. German company "Compuwave" is trying to sell sencha products to me. Why is that so?

Sencha User

Thorsten - I looked into this - Compuwave is our official German reseller. They were supposed to send out an initial "welcome & introduction" email to our German-tagged list. If they've sent you additional emails - please forward them to me.