14 Mar 2012 3:44 AM #1
[4.1.0-B3] `getEditorParent` is ignored - nested cell editing is not possible
REQUIRED INFORMATION Ext version tested:
- Ext 4.1.0-beta3 rev ____
- In 4.1.0 the `getEditorParent` method of the grid is ignored and not used for setting the `parentEl` property of the editor. You can search for `getEditorParent` in 4.0.7 codebase and 4.1.0-b3 codebase to see the point.
- This makes certain advanced use cases not possible, like performing nested cell editing.
- Under nested cell editing I assume the following scenario: Grid1 has an Ext.form.field.Picker editor for some column. Picker in turn, opens another grid and user can edit the cells of the second grid.
- This used to work fine in 4.0.7
- Problem is that editors are now always rendered in the `document.body`, and because of that picker will be closed on any click on the secondary editor.
- Download the attachment, remove the *.txt extension and put it in the /ext-4.1.0-beta-3/examples/grid/ folder
- Open the /ext-4.1.0-beta-3/examples/grid/cell-editing.html example
- Click on any cell in the "Price" column and expand the editor picker
- Click on the "1" cell in the opened grid to edit this value
- Click the spin button
- The primary picker editor is expected to stay opened
- Picker closes
14 Mar 2012 1:01 PM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Thanks for the report.Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.