Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for
Sencha - Community Support Team
[4.1.0-B3] `getEditorParent` is ignored - nested cell editing is not possible
REQUIRED INFORMATION Ext version tested:
Browser versions tested against:
- In 4.1.0 the `getEditorParent` method of the grid is ignored and not used for setting the `parentEl` property of the editor. You can search for `getEditorParent` in 4.0.7 codebase and 4.1.0-b3 codebase to see the point.
- This makes certain advanced use cases not possible, like performing nested cell editing.
- Under nested cell editing I assume the following scenario: Grid1 has an Ext.form.field.Picker editor for some column. Picker in turn, opens another grid and user can edit the cells of the second grid.
- This used to work fine in 4.0.7
- Problem is that editors are now always rendered in the `document.body`, and because of that picker will be closed on any click on the secondary editor.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Download the attachment, remove the *.txt extension and put it in the /ext-4.1.0-beta-3/examples/grid/ folder
- Open the /ext-4.1.0-beta-3/examples/grid/cell-editing.html example
- Click on any cell in the "Price" column and expand the editor picker
- Click on the "1" cell in the opened grid to edit this value
- Click the spin button
The result that was expected:
- The primary picker editor is expected to stay opened
The result that occurs instead: