16 Mar 2012 6:22 AM #1
Unanswered: Struts 2 and extjs 4 integration
I am new to extjs and struts 2 both. But I am quite familiar with struts 1.3.
Can you please point me to sample reference code for struts 2 and extjs integration ?
My requirement is as follows:
1. There is a form containing four 3 fields [name, address, ph no] along with Save [submit] button.
- Previously when I was working on struts 1.3, i could have created a jsp file with the ready made JSTL library tags for elements on a page
- But now I am using extjs, so everything i.e. form, text fields, buttons will get wrap into a app.js file and in a html/JSP page, i simply include the js file
2. On click of Save, the form should get submitted server side action class automatically.
- In previous version, i was using form bean and populate the data into action class.
- Now in struts 2 how should i get it ? [I believe there is no form bean in struts 2, then how form data will get into action class ?]
3. The values from server side should get reflected into text fields automatically, when user visit the page next time.
- In previous version of struts, it was achieved through form bean
- How we can do this with the help of extjs and struts 2?
Kindly guide me.
16 Mar 2012 10:34 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
The only thing you really need to integrate it is to pass data to and from the client using JSON or XML.Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.