19 Mar 2012 3:24 AM #1
Tutorial building your first app bug
Sencha Touch version tested:
- only css suggested by the tutorial
- Android 2.3.3 on HTC Desire and Samsung Gio
- I am running the full source code of the "building your first app" tutorial for sencha touch 2.0
The titles in the titlebar are too large to get displayed totally. That's why the app shortens them with "..." normally. This is great, unfortunately, sometimes this doesn't seem to work and the window seems to expand outside my screen (see attached screenshot)
use http://localhost/sencha/docs/#!/guide/first_app from the sencha SDK
- go to the blog window
- click on the second or fourth blog entry.
- Title made short in the titlebar e.g. "Sencha Touch 2.0 - ..." instead of "Sencha Touch 2.0 - a tutorial"
- Title is not shortened and screen becomes too wide (and thus unusable)
- attachedAttachment 32885
- not provided
19 Mar 2012 9:09 AM #2
Thank you for the report. There's been a few reported issues with the title not getting ellipses properly. Sounds like a CSS issue, we'll get to the bottom of it shortly.
19 Mar 2012 10:25 AM #3
Maybe something good to know as well: (that I forgot to mention earlier) There are 4 items in the list in the building your first app example and the problem occurs only with number 2 and 4 while all titles need to be shortened (so number 1 gets shortened correctly for example)
26 Mar 2012 9:13 AM #4
The shortening is working correctly for the next release. There seems to be an issue with putting iframes inside of the detail card which is causing the sizing issues on Android. Most likely a bug we need to report to the Android team.
26 Mar 2012 9:17 AM #5