You found a bug! We've classified it as
We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
Tutorial building your first app bug
Sencha Touch version tested:
- only css suggested by the tutorial
Platform tested against:
- Android 2.3.3 on HTC Desire and Samsung Gio
- I am running the full source code of the "building your first app" tutorial for sencha touch 2.0
The titles in the titlebar are too large to get displayed totally. That's why the app shortens them with "..." normally. This is great, unfortunately, sometimes this doesn't seem to work and the window seems to expand outside my screen (see attached screenshot)
Test Case: Steps to reproduce the problem:
- go to the blog window
- click on the second or fourth blog entry.
The result that was expected:
- Title made short in the titlebar e.g. "Sencha Touch 2.0 - ..." instead of "Sencha Touch 2.0 - a tutorial"
The result that occurs instead:
- Title is not shortened and screen becomes too wide (and thus unusable)
Screenshot or Video:
Debugging already done:
Thank you for the report. There's been a few reported issues with the title not getting ellipses properly. Sounds like a CSS issue, we'll get to the bottom of it shortly.
Originally Posted by Jamie Avins
Maybe something good to know as well: (that I forgot to mention earlier) There are 4 items in the list in the building your first app example and the problem occurs only with number 2 and 4 while all titles need to be shortened (so number 1 gets shortened correctly for example)
The shortening is working correctly for the next release. There seems to be an issue with putting iframes inside of the detail card which is causing the sizing issues on Android. Most likely a bug we need to report to the Android team.
Okay! Thanks for the update!