22 Mar 2012 8:24 PM #1
Text fields with placeholders have weird dragging behavior in Chrome
Sencha Touch version tested:
- only default sencha-touch.css
Platform tested against:
- Chrome 17.0.963.83 m on XP
- iOS 5.1
- Safari 5.0.3 on XP
- When you use the supplied test case, there is weird scrolling behavior in Chrome before you first type anything. This does not seem to happen on iOS or in Safari. I've only seen it happen in Chrome on the desktop.
- In desktop Chrome, click in the text box
- Drag your mouse to the right
The result that was expected:
- Text box should stay in place
The result that occurs instead:
- Whole Text element slides left
Screenshot or Video:
23 Mar 2012 5:32 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
I'm not seeing this on Chrome.Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
23 Mar 2012 5:56 AM #3
4 Jun 2012 10:12 PM #4
i am facing the same issue with Ext JS 4.1 for textfields within fieldcontainer using Chrome 19 on Windows 7 Home Premium. however, it does not happen with Ext JS 4.0. you can actually test it on one of the official examples.
Not happening in Ext JS 4.0:
10 Jul 2013 8:50 AM #5