23 Mar 2012 11:24 AM #1
Controller cannot see staterestore or beforestaterestore of combobox
REQUIRED INFORMATIONExt version tested:
- Ext 4.0.7
- When using a combobox in a stateful manner, if you have it set and restore stateful events a parent controller cannot see the staterestore or beforestaterestore events on its standard 'init' binding process. This is a problem when you want to see the combobox's event and use it for a separate initialization process (for example if I wanted to have a combobox with a 'refresh rate' for a data store, I'd want the controller to re-enable that refresh rate on page reload by listening to the combobox's staterestore event and set the refresh rate to that value).
- If you add a listener directly to the combobox instead of the controller, it DOES fire the staterestore event and you can see the data correctly from there, it just is not bubbling up to the controller to see.
- Create a combobox, enable stateful saving and restoring of the combobox.
- Create a controller that is set to listen to the combobox's staterestore or beforestaterestore and call a function that logs the event.
- If you save it and refresh the page, the controller will not fire the calling function because it is not seeing the staterestore or beforestaterestore of the combobox.
- Controller to see the staterestore event and fire the supporting function
- No function is fired
- Couldn't find any way around the problem
- Windows 7
24 Mar 2012 7:39 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Have you tried this in 4.1.0 RC1?Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services email@example.com
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
19 Feb 2013 9:17 AM #3
This issue still exists in 4.1.2. It shouldn't be considered as closed.
16 Jun 2013 8:35 AM #4
Still an issue in 4.1.1gpl
I agree I'm seeing the same issue also.