Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for
a recent build.
@worthlutz: Sorry, haven't got time to check this out for you, but maybe you can try this:
- copy the json to a static file on a server (something.json)
- point your proxy there
- see what happens if you remove elements that are not needed
This might not solve your problem directly (if you can't edit the service for example), but it might help the guys at Sencha figure this out if you can pinpoint what's causing the problem.
I have the same error with build 363 here you can recreate error:
- Create Json store
- Copy json file on root directory of designer project
- in proxy enter in url the name of json file (it's relative path)
- When i click load data in Store i have error JSON.stringify cannot serialize cyclic structures.
- If i put the complete URL: http://server/path/file.json it's work
- if i put a wrong file name in url field i have the same error
Hope that help
Thanks guys for sticking with me through this. I was finally able to reproduce the error and resolve the cause.
The reason I was not seeing the error was that it only happens if the proxy's XHR object gets an empty responseText -- I was getting non-empty responses so it would not happen.
Look for the fix in an upcoming update.
Sencha Architect Development Team
Could you please tell me where did you fix this bug, I dont want to migrate to 2.1, so I'd like to stay on 184.108.40.206.
This was a bug in Architect that was fixed in April. It does not have anything to do with the touch version you are using.