28 Mar 2012 9:51 AM #1
Feature Request: Model Generation and more
(1) I think it would be nice to have an automatic model generator. For example, you build a form panel with all your fields and field IDs, then you add a Model and right click and choose "Generate..." and Designer would scan your project for objects that have TextFields/ComboBoxes/etc and create the model with the field names as the field IDs. By extension, it would be nice to be able to have basic database access that could generate models from database tables.
(2) In the Project Inspector, it would be nice to be able to right click on the colored icons and choose "Add" where appropriate. For exampe, "Add Model" would be great, instead of filtering the toolbox for model, then dragging the model across the canvas and dropping it on the orange Models icon.
(3) Since Designer enforces a specific pattern of building MVC apps, I think it would be good to auto-generate as much skeleton code as possible. If you add a model, then you will most likely need a store. There should be a setting to allow a store to be generated for you and link to the model automatically.
28 Mar 2012 10:29 AM #2
1) Expect some features like this post 2.0 GA.
2) Take a look at the new quick add feature we added at the top of the inspector.
3) Not so sure I agree with this one.
Thanks for the feedbackAaron Conran
28 Mar 2012 11:17 AM #3
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Guatemala, Central America
- Vote Rating
BTW, the + button on "Actions" node in property inspector for controllers seems an unfinished feature. Is more or less the feature billtricario is asking for?
Regards.UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird
If you like my answer please vote!
29 Mar 2012 9:48 AM #4
I agree with ssamayo. That + button on the Property Inspector will help, but adding the "Add Controller Ref" and "Add Controller Action" would be a great addition.
Regarding (3), I still think having a setting in Designer that allows the user to make this decision would be best. If you don't agree with making it the default, that's fine. But hey, the customer is always right.