Thread: Beta 2, Build 355, Code view - No longer able to select in code using keys

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-1685 in a recent build.
    Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Beta 2, Build 355, Code view - No longer able to select in code using keys

Hi,
    Since the update yesterday, I am now unable to select code using keys in the Code view in Designer 2 Beta Build 355. This used to work fine in previous builds. This is a very usefull feature as I generally use the designer to build screen layouts, however need to then manipulate code externally due to limitations in the designer.

Can this be added back in ?
    Cheers

Tim

Vote Rating

select code using keys?

Could you explain more? I'm able to use the typical shift, ctrl, etc to do selection.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

You used to be able to click in the code window and the cursor would be visible, then you could say hold shift and use the arrows or hit shift and ctrl-shift-pagedown to select to the end from that cursor position

Vote Rating

Ah. This was a conscious decision for Read-only mode as we thought it more clearly indicated that users could not edit the code.

I understand why you would want this functionality back though. We will discuss as a team.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

thanks .. its probably one of the most useful functions to me as in general I dont need to copy all the code from the code editor. In a perfect world I wouldnt need too however the Designer as cool as it is, just isnt capable of doing everything without manual editing externally sometimes.

would be great if it was maybe an advanced option so at least we could manually enable it

Cheers

Tim

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by timmcintyre View Post
    In a perfect world I wouldnt need too however the Designer as cool as it is, just isnt capable of doing everything without manual editing externally sometimes.
    Unrelated to the feature: what are some of the things your having trouble with inside designer? We'd love feedback of this kind.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Vote Rating

This will be fixed in the next release.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran