5 Apr 2012 6:57 AM #1
Weird characters at the end of AndroidManifest.xml
I have problems with building native app for android. When I run:
sencha package run configAndroid.json
[setup] [Fatal Error] :22:12: Content is not allowed in trailing section.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="eu.mycompany.MobileTest" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0"> ..... </manifest>j,Ö(
6 Apr 2012 7:16 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Odd. I don't see it when I run it.Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
4 May 2012 7:50 AM #3
I'm having the same problem - and my manifest has similar characters - anyone find a fix?
20 Jun 2012 12:59 AM #4
I have the same problem. I run Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried:
- Both the commercial and open source SDKs
- Using both a 32-bit and 64-bit Java JDK
- Packaging one of the examples (no luck)
Have anyone found a solution to this problem yet?
20 Jun 2012 3:50 AM #5
27 Jun 2012 6:26 AM #6
Same for me
using the patched command for android api level. We may just have to forgo android apps or switch to different development.
26 Aug 2012 9:09 PM #7
Error : "Content not allowed in trailing section "
while packaging for Debug configuration for Android,
My OS also Windows 7 ,x64.
Please do Something I am getting sick of it.
13 Feb 2013 6:46 AM #8
Content not allowed in trailing section
I had a similar issue this morning. There was a line feed after the </manifest> closing tag. This is a common problem in source files. All I did was remove that trailing line feed and the problem vanished. Perhaps there is a conflict with encoding the text -- be on the lookout for this when you edit files with other editors.
Parsers ought to, imho...stop parsing after they have found the closing tag...but that is an (OLD!) software engineering issue and not a developer's issue. There is a very easy to apply workaround. The better answer, also imho....would be to find out how this corruption is happening in the first place. Apparently there is some garbage in there when the file gets saved.
In my case, I believe that my IDE (Eclipse) got forcibly closed overnight...and also, I was using another editor to edit the Sencha Touch files because I have yet to get ADT, PhoneGap and Touch integrated into one project that Eclipse and Ant can build. (I don't think I will, either....) I did not edit the manifest outside of Eclipse, however.