11 Apr 2012 2:39 PM #1
NICE TO HAVE: Sub-Folders for Views and Stores
Is it possible to have the ability to create sub-folders under Views and Stores to help organise large projects with various profiles? The examples have this in the folder structures - but cannot replicate in Designer.
11 Apr 2012 4:05 PM #2
You can currently organize your classes this way by prepending a package name to the userClassName.
The underlying code will be generated in an appropriate folder, etc. We have not implemented a feature to see them in packages in the Inspector yet. This feature may come in the future.
Thanks for the feedbackAaron Conran
11 Apr 2012 4:31 PM #3
It's the organisation of the components in designer that I am after - not that concerned with how the generated app folders look like. A true design and generation (CASE) tool should divorce you from having to rely upon looking at the generated code.
11 Apr 2012 4:36 PM #4
16 Apr 2012 10:30 PM #5
// vote++;Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...
When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
And here are my terms...
- I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
- I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
- I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
- Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
- By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
- You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
- I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
- You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.
19 Jul 2012 12:37 AM #6
Would love to see that too in a future release! ++