Thread: One Store to Rule Them All

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default One Store to Rule Them All

Hello,

I have 3 stores:
    Urls : manage the urls that the dynamic store can get it's data from.
    MyDataItems : a store which loads data from multiple locations into a single model.
    MySuperDataItems : which is associated with a MyDataItem model which I populate manually when the MyDataItems store loads via a customLoad method.

Urls contains the list of Url models that a user can select or deselect and MyDataItems is the store associated to the MyDataItem model.

Then I am able to iterate Urls.each and dynamically apply the url stored there to the MyDataItmes store and load the data.

I am then able to define a list with a store property of MySuperDataItems and call the customLoad and all is well.

I have run into a couple issues with this approach.

Gatchas : (There are likely quite a few more I won't remember as I've worked on this for a while.)

1) Sorting...
    I ran into some trouble getting the store to sort for me. Finally got it to work by sorting inside MySuperDataItems iteration/loading of MyDataItems. I optimized this a little by only sorting on the last item in the list.

2) PullToRefresh...
    If I try to apply the PullRefreshPlugin the load method is never called because the load is dynamic based on another store and called manually by MySuperDataItems.customLoad();
    I added a refreshFn to the plugin that calls the customLoad on MySuperDataItems.

3) Adding the items to MySuperStoreDataItems...
    I went through a few hours of looking at the different methods available for adding items manually to a store and finally went with MySuperDataItems.add(MyDataItems.each())...or something similar, this is all obviously psudo-code.

Let me know if this helps anyone or post questions if you have them....or especially if you have suggestions for improvement!

Thanks,

bwags

Vote Rating

1. Why are you having trouble sorting?
    2. Seems like you would need to extend the plugin and handle things to suit your needs
    3. You can iterate through a store and add to another store using record.getData()
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Frontend Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I ended up getting everything to work...I was mostly just posting this in case anyone else wanted to do something similar. I was able to resolve all of the 'gatchas' with the solutions I posted beneath them, again in case anyone else was having similar issues.