The new docs app looks fantastic, but it's too slow to be usable online.
I did some measurements of the ST2 docs:
- Base URL: http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/api
- Load page (empty cache): 20.2 seconds
- Load Ext singleton tab: 4.39 seconds
- Load Panel tab: 30.99 seconds (8 seconds to page, the rest to load the live preview)
- Activate Panel tab from Ext tab: 2.5 seconds
(I did an empty cache measurement because this is my typical experience as a web developer. I regularly clear my browser cache.)
There are two culprits here, one major, and one minor.
The major culprit is page weight. I'm getting 50 KB / sec download speeds (typical corporate network proxy on my end). The page is 6.87 MB total (after opening those two tabs). ext-all.js takes 14.25 seconds, sencha-touch-all-compat.js (live preview) takes 22.79 seconds.
The minor culprit is the processing time to bootstrap the live preview. It takes 2.5 seconds to switch tabs, which is almost entirely due to the live preview.
- Never show the live preview by default when opening a new tab.
- Reduce the page weight (don't use ext-all, don't use sencha-touch-all-compat)