26 Apr 2012 3:28 AM #1
ExtJS 4.1 does not work in iframe in IE
Here's a simple HTML which does not work. It should display Portal demo in iframe. Works well in Firefox and Chrome. Does not work in IE8.
It was working with previous public release (4.0.7). Does not work with ExtJS 4.1.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html><head></head><body><iframe frameborder="0" height="2000px" id="itarget" name="itarget" scrolling="auto" src="http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/portal/portal.html" title="Content" width="100%"></iframe></body></html>
26 Apr 2012 4:40 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
thanks for the report.Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
17 May 2012 7:37 AM #3
+1 - is there any chance this will be fixed for 4.1.1?
20 Jun 2012 9:10 AM #4
Loader problem (?)
Has this been fixed for 4.1.1 ?
I can see the title says OPEN, but sometimes fixed bugs are still marked as open, here's an example.
*** EDIT 6/21/12
I recreated this problem using 4.1.1 RC2. This bug occurs only for iframes, works fine in a regular frame.
28 Jul 2012 12:27 PM #5
Apologies for the incorrect status on this thread. This bug and its friend EXTJSIV-6319 are both marked as fixed in 4.1.1 RC2. If you find otherwise, please let us know.
- EXTJSIV-5767 - return false from beforerender throws exception
- EXTJSIV-5944 - Ext.onReady with delay option hangs up a browser
- EXTJSIV-6055 - onReady does not work in an iframe in IE8 when parent is a different domain
- EXTJSIV-6056 - Problems with Component previousNode
- EXTJSIV-6124 - Loader calls Ext globalEval with code that breaks when IE cc_on
- EXTJSIV-6137 - Element slideIn tr anchor doesn't work as expected.
- EXTJSIV-6185 - getPosition on floating Components with parent Container always returns container-relative position
- EXTJSIV-6196 - calling showAt on a component does not fire the 'show' event.
- EXTJSIV-6199 - DomQuery fails with dots in the element id
- EXTJSIV-6273 - EventManager does not return listener response
- EXTJSIV-6319 - Ext.onReady sometimes fails in an iframe in IE when parent is in a different domain
28 Jul 2012 12:32 PM #6
We use iframes in IE in the Page Analyzer, so the problem is likely specific to certain configuration of iframe and parent. The bug report descriptions were updated to include what we believed was the root of the problem: different domains.
I will try the OP example and see what I see.
28 Jul 2012 12:35 PM #7
Revised for 4.1.1, that would be
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<iframe frameborder="0" height="2000px" id="itarget" name="itarget"
scrolling="auto" title="Content" width="100%"
28 Jul 2012 3:02 PM #8
OK, so first off there is an issue with the posted examples. They are still 4.1.0
The page I just posted won't load because the 4.1.1 examples aren't there.
Switch gears for a bit to fix that...
6 Aug 2012 5:49 AM #9
What should i do to fix it?
Stuck to exactly same error.
From the thread, I still not understand, what I should do to fix the issue. Should I update to some release or RC version? To which exactly?