Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for
a recent build.
ExtJS 4.1 does not work in iframe in IE
Here's a simple HTML which does not work. It should display Portal demo in iframe. Works well in Firefox and Chrome. Does not work in IE8.
It was working with previous public release (4.0.7). Does not work with ExtJS 4.1.
Here's what I get in IE8:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html><head></head><body><iframe frameborder="0" height="2000px" id="itarget" name="itarget" scrolling="auto" src="http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/portal/portal.html" title="Content" width="100%"></iframe></body></html>
Touch Premium Member
+1 - is there any chance this will be fixed for 4.1.1?
Loader problem (?)
Looks like the Ext loader has a problem when placed in a frame (IE8).
Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens
Has this been fixed for 4.1.1 ?
I can see the title says OPEN, but sometimes fixed bugs are still marked as open, here's an example.
*** EDIT 6/21/12
I recreated this problem using 4.1.1 RC2. This bug occurs only for iframes, works fine in a regular frame.
Apologies for the incorrect status on this thread. This bug and its friend EXTJSIV-6319 are both marked as fixed in 4.1.1 RC2. If you find otherwise, please let us know.
- EXTJSIV-5767 - return false from beforerender throws exception
- EXTJSIV-5944 - Ext.onReady with delay option hangs up a browser
- EXTJSIV-6055 - onReady does not work in an iframe in IE8 when parent is a different domain
- EXTJSIV-6056 - Problems with Component previousNode
- EXTJSIV-6124 - Loader calls Ext globalEval with code that breaks when IE cc_on
- EXTJSIV-6137 - Element slideIn tr anchor doesn't work as expected.
- EXTJSIV-6185 - getPosition on floating Components with parent Container always returns container-relative position
- EXTJSIV-6196 - calling showAt on a component does not fire the 'show' event.
- EXTJSIV-6199 - DomQuery fails with dots in the element id
- EXTJSIV-6273 - EventManager does not return listener response
- EXTJSIV-6319 - Ext.onReady sometimes fails in an iframe in IE when parent is in a different domain
Can you retest your example with 4.1.1 GA?
Originally Posted by LesJ
We use iframes in IE in the Page Analyzer, so the problem is likely specific to certain configuration of iframe and parent. The bug report descriptions were updated to include what we believed was the root of the problem: different domains.
I will try the OP example and see what I see.
Revised for 4.1.1, that would be
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<iframe frameborder="0" height="2000px" id="itarget" name="itarget"
scrolling="auto" title="Content" width="100%"
OK, so first off there is an issue with the posted examples. They are still 4.1.0
The page I just posted won't load because the 4.1.1 examples aren't there.
Switch gears for a bit to fix that...
What should i do to fix it?
Stuck to exactly same error.
From the thread, I still not understand, what I should do to fix the issue. Should I update to some release or RC version? To which exactly?