Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Edmund is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha GXT 3.0 Maven support

Please subscribe to this forum post if you like to learn more about Sencha GXT 3.0 Maven support.
    Edmund Leung
    Sencha Product Management

Ext GWT Premium Member matienzar's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    matienzar is on a distinguished road

Why can I access private maven repository of GXT 3.0.0 final release
    Marcial Atiénzar Navarro
    Analista de Sistemas de Información

matienzar@umivale.es
    www.umivale.es
    www.sumaintermutual.es

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DavidHoffer is on a distinguished road

Why isn't 3.0 available yet for paid customers?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

The commercially licensed release is presently available for download at http://www.sencha.com/products/gxt/download/ - the 'getting started' with a commercial license doesn't apply if you already have one, just download that and use it under your existing GXT 3 license.

Getting Maven set up is taking longer than we had anticipated, and we hope to have both the commercial and open source releases available in maven repositories soon.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I need it in maven so the manual download is a big step backwards...so we will have to wait for your maven distribution to become available unless it becomes critical here. Btw, I read that the non-gpl version will be on your private repo? Do you have the URL of that yet? (We will have to add that URL to our Nexus proxy server and I have to get IT involved to add that...I could get that part going here if you know for sure what the URL will be.)

Vote Rating
    abshnasko is on a distinguished road

It's inconvenient that it isn't in the repo, but you can can still use the manual download with maven. That's what the command mvn:install is for.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

No not really...that's fine for single developer project with no CI system. Because we have corporate automated build system...all artifacts must come from Nexus server.

Vote Rating

We do automated builds too, and there are quite a few libraries we use that are not in the maven repos. We set up a script in our CI system to run prior to build that copies those jars and runs mvn:install on them. It's straightforward. I'd argue that if such a simple inconvenience throws a wrench into your entire deal, then you've got other problems.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

This discussion is way off topic...but using a corporate Maven proxy server is the Maven way, it works exceptionally well...no need to work around it.

Vote Rating

Yea we are, I was trying to give you a suggestion. mvn:install is a feature of maven, not a workaround. Though, it does seem like your process is too rigid to accommodate an external file after all.