Thread: Multi line grid header

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Unanswered: Multi line grid header

How can I have a multi line grid header with GXT 3.0? I saw a solution in ext js forums, and I overwrote "x-column-header-inner .x-column-header-text" in my own css file.But it did not work.

.x-column-header-inner .x-column-header-text {
    white-space: normal;
    display: table-cell;
    vertical-align: middle;
    }
    .x-column-header-inner {
    line-height: normal;
    padding-top: 1px !important;
    padding-bottom: 1px !important;
    display: table-cell;
    vertical-align: middle;
    }

Is there a way to do it?

Answers
    Vote Rating

Take a look at the Aggregation Grid example here: http://sencha.com/examples-dev/#Exam...ggregationgrid.

Specifically, you'll need to add a header group to your column model object.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Does anyone know if column groups can span other groups? For example, in the AggregationGrid example above, where there are two groups, "Stock Information" and "Stock Performance", is there a way to get a group above those two? And if so, is there a limit to the hierarchy depth that can be built?

Answers
    Vote Rating

A quick glance at the API indicates that it does not appear to support this directly, however you may be able to accomplish something via a custom ColumnHeaderAppearance ColumnHeader object.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the quick reply. I had the same thought of the current API's limitations. Looking over the ColumnHeader.ColumnHeaderAppearance api, would a potential solution to this problem involve writing custom HTML? In that case, how would I maintain the same look and feel?

I suspect I could never get this to work right coding it from the public API. I can't see how I'd handle things like column width resizing. But from the lower-level internals, it might not be that hard (read, very useful GXT enhancement request )

Any thoughts?

Answers
    Vote Rating

Yes, I believe it would involve writing custom HTML. Regarding L&F, as long as you work within the confines of BaseColumnHeaderAppearance, the skinning portion may "just work" but I can't say that with any degree of confidence as I don't have any clue as to what their skinning CSS looks like and whether it's DOM structure dependent in a non-generic way.

At this point, since you're not a premium support subscriber, an answer to your question may be hit or miss if you ask it in a new thread (which you probably should have done so it gets full attention - hijacking existing threads is considered taboo and a no-no) but Sencha is trying to be good about answering them, you might try joining #extgwt on Freenode and asking your question there. One of the Sencha GXT devs hangs out there a lot and he may be able to give you a quick answer in either way (yes or no).

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Column groups can indeed span other groups - working from the source at http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...ggregationgrid I added the following bolded code (other lines added for context):
    Code:
          ColumnModel<Stock> cm = new ColumnModel<Stock>(configs);

cm.addHeaderGroup(0, 0, new HeaderGroupConfig("Stock", 1, 4));
          cm.addHeaderGroup(1, 0, new HeaderGroupConfig("Stock Information", 1, 2));
          cm.addHeaderGroup(1, 2, new HeaderGroupConfig("Stock Performance", 1, 2));

AggregationRowConfig<Stock> averages = new AggregationRowConfig<Stock>();
    This resulted in the following UI:
    screenshot12.png

The details of the row/column to insert this header are important, as are the rowspan/colspan to be set on the HeaderGroupConfig itself.

Answers
    Vote Rating

It was just indirectly pointed out to me the following:

ColumnConfig's method to apply a group header is addHeaderGroup, not setHeaderGroup and looking at the code, the underlying construct maintains a collection of HeaderGroupConfigs so you may want to start there.