3 May 2012 8:42 AM #1
Unanswered: Use of Sencha Touch Charts Is Disabling Buttons In Other Toolbars
I am using a sencha touch line chart in a proof of concept project and am running into an issue I could really use some help understanding. The scenario is this.
I have a panel with a tool bar docked at the top. On this panel are a number of buttons each with listeners configured though a controller object. When I add a chart to a card layout panel component nested within the top level panel, some of the buttons on the tool bar of the top level panel stop responding to events defined in the controller object. I am having a great deal of difficulty figuring out why this is is happening and could use any insight into why these buttons unrelated to the chart are somehow being disconnected from thier listeners.
5 May 2012 5:51 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Some of the examples have buttons in toolbars that work fine.Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
5 May 2012 9:11 AM #3
Thanks for the reply.
I eventually figured this out. While doing so I noticed something odd.
First, this was definitely user error. There was some extraneous leading white space characters being injected into the id's of the refs in my controller. What is weird is that the Observer that works without the charts being active was much more forgiving and showed no ill effects from the leading white space characters in the ref ids. However the observer that works when the charts are active does not have such a forgiving implementation.
Now I just need to figure out how to work around the severe memory issues I am seeing in the charts. It would be really great if the charts could be dynamically updated without adding all new surfaces. Redrawing existing surfaces on configuration change might be a good first step as it may still be a little slow it will at least not be introducing a whole new set of memory greedy objects each time I would like to display a new chart configuration.
again thanks for taking the time to reply.