Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ext.dataview.component.DataItem missing dataMap config ??

    Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
  1. #1
    Touch Premium Member pmarko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    58
    Vote Rating
    1
      0  

    Default Ext.dataview.component.DataItem missing dataMap config ??

    Hello,

    I've found another two issues.

    First:

    I can't find the dataMap config variable in config explorer for Ext.dataview.component.DataItem component and I can't add it as custom property due to existing reservation in architect.

    Scond:

    Ext.dataview.component.DataItem is not dropable into views in project explorer. I can drop it only to the top level in UI designer (I mean device frame) what places it to the views project category.

    I'm using SA2 build 442.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default

    yes, i have the same first problem.

  3. #3
    Sencha User aconran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,487
    Vote Rating
    145
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmarko View Post

    First:

    I can't find the dataMap config variable in config explorer for Ext.dataview.component.DataItem component and I can't add it as custom property due to existing reservation in architect.
    Use an override. Note that this API is probably going to be deprecated in 2.1 (it will continue to work but a new improved way will be introduced).

    Quote Originally Posted by pmarko View Post
    Scond:

    Ext.dataview.component.DataItem is not dropable into views in project explorer. I can drop it only to the top level in UI designer (I mean device frame) what places it to the views project category.
    This was reported (and fixed) yesterday and will be in our upcoming build.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    18
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default

    Any word on what the new way to do this is?

  5. #5
    Sencha User aconran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,487
    Vote Rating
    145
      1  

    Default

    I'd recommend using an updateRecord method on your dataitem.

    In Sencha Touch 2.1 dataMap has been deprecated and marked for removal in favor of implementing an updateRecord method on your dataitem.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

  6. #6
    Sencha User La Muerte Peluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turin
    Posts
    25
    Vote Rating
    1
      0  

    Default Example Please

    Would it be really nice if you could add an example of using "updateRecord", or just update and clearify the DataItem and DataView documentation!

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    112
    Vote Rating
    1
      2  

    Default

    Attaching a basic test case in Touch 2.2 and Architect 2.2.2 that demonstrates usage of the updateRecord in this scenario.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17
    Vote Rating
    1
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IvanJ View Post
    Attaching a basic test case in Touch 2.2 and Architect 2.2.2 that demonstrates usage of the updateRecord in this scenario.
    Thanks for this test project.
    I wonder if you get the following error too:
    Attachment 44009

    This comes up whenever I click on MyDataView1 (Design view) in the project inspector
    The project works fine in the browser nonetheless.

    Greets

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •