Thread: German special characters in Ext.data.Field.name

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default German special characters in Ext.data.Field.name

Hello Team,

I get an error " Field name cannot be reserved words and must start..." if I try to name the field e.g. 'mh'.
    Are german special characters () in this case not supported or is this a bug?
    In generally can I use german special characters for the field names in ExtJS 4?
    First I would like to thank you for your time and knowledge

Win 7 Ext JS 4.1.3 IE(6-9), FF17

I suppose this is an oversight currently we're using
    Code:
    /^(?!(break|do|instanceof|typeof|case|else|new|var|catch|finally|return|void|continue|for|switch|while|debugger|function|this|with|default|if|throw|delete|in|try|class|enum|extends|super|const|export|import|implements|let|private|public|yield|interface|package|protected|static|null|true|false)$)[a-zA-Z_$][0-9a-zA-Z_$]*$/
    A better more ridiculous regex is https://github.com/mathiasbynens/mot...r/js-variables
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

@msinn

If you'd like a piece of advice, don't use special characters of any language for files, variables, etc. It's better to stick to pure ascii to avoid troubles. I have seen a lot of issues (non related to extjs) in general that arise from using non ascii characters in filenames etc.

Cheers,
    Frank