Thread: [Ext 4.1] stateful window

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member

Default [Ext 4.1] stateful window

I have a stateful window which SHOULD be always positioned centered to the viewport on show until the user changes the position of the window manually. In that case the windows position should be saved but not without a action from the user.

In ExtJs3 this was the default behavior of stateful windows - the state was only saved after the user changed something.
    In Ext4.1 the state is saved after the window is shown, no matter if the user changed the position or size of the window. This is bad because if the window shows again in another viewport-size (e.g. firebug opened - which is MY daily case) the window should be centered again in the CURRENT viewport size and not appear at the centered position relative to the LAST viewport size (or the size of the viewport when the window was first shown).

I'm using a cookieStateProvider and I did not find a config-property (whether in the manager nor in the provider or the window itself) to change this behavior to the way it was in Ext3.
    Is there a easy way or do I have to disable stateful on this window hand handle the states manually with event listeners?

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar

Hmmm, it seems that move event is fired also w/o user actually moving the window. Can you verify that? If it is so I'm prone to say that it is a bug.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Ext JS Premium Member

Yes, the events are fired in this order:
    1. staterestore
    2. beforerender
    3. afterrender
    4. move
    5. resize
    6. show
    7. statesave

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar

I think it is a bug, or at least an unwanted feature, because move and resize shouldn't be fired as a part of initial instantiation and rendering.

Moving this thread to Bugs so that developer can either fix it or explain the rationale behind it.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy