Thread: CardLayout and setActiveItem

Question CardLayout and setActiveItem

Hello,

I have a Panel and a GridPanel that I need to switch between. A CardLayout seems like the perfect tool to do so, but I can't get it to work.

Here's the code I have:
    Code:
        centerpanel = new Ext.Panel({
            layout: 'card',
            activeItem: 0,
            items: [homepanel, browser.grid]
        });

centerpanel.getLayout().setActiveItem(1);
    Unfortuneatly, getLayout() returns a string and not a ContainerLayout object (in the API docs it says it returns the ContainerLayout object, but that's not true).

Does anybody know how to get the layout object so that I can call public functions on it?

Thanks,
    Justin

Sencha User

getLayout() returns an object as the doc says. Has the panel been rendered when you call that line? Are you using 2.0 Final?

Until the Panel is rendered, there will not be a layout object, it will still be the string type you specified.

If you want item 1 to be the initial active item, use activeItem:1 instead of activeItem:0

Right, that wasn't realistic code, but I wanted to demonstrate the problem I was having.

Once I waited for the panel to be rendered, it worked fine except that for some reason I can see both cards. I'll work on that for a bit and post a new thread if I can't figure it out.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the help. I was staring at this for a few hours today before resorting to Google.

I experienced this issue with an ancestor of a TabPanel child whose layout property was simple the string 'card'. Added a property of 'deferredRender: false' to my TabPanel's config object, and everything's rendering.

I'm using ExtJS 4.
    This code works for me... I can switch between panel using getLayout()...
    Moreover, getLayout() is returning an object in my code...
    I dont know whats wrong with this one