Thread: ComboBox gets stuck open when clicking on border

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2226 in 3.0.2.
    Ext GWT Premium Member

Default ComboBox gets stuck open when clicking on border

Description: The Combo Box can be stuck in an open state where it cannot be closed. Requiring refresh of web page to fix issue.

Version: GXT 3.0.0b
    Browser: Internet Explorer 8
    Mode: Developer and Production
    Operation System: Windows 7 64bit

I was able to reproduce issue with your explorer demo causing issues in both IE8 and Chrome.

The trick is you have to exactly click on the bottom border. Not one pixel above (then purple will be selected) or one pixel below (then the combo box will close w/out selection).

To easily get to point to click on just move cursor over selection area and cursor will change to the "hand" icon. As you get close to the bottom the cursor will change to the "pointer" icon exactly at the border. When it changes, click.

At this point, the combo box gets in a state that is unusable.

While this is a "rare" scenario when it happens, it really frustrates the user base, since there is no workaround other than restarting web page.

ComboBoxIssue.png

ComboBoxIssue.zip

Can reproduce from Explore Demo, also get dialog error in this case.
    GridIssue_ExplorerDemo.png

This problem can indeed easily be reproduced @ http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...e:formsexample
    Once you get that error message you keep getting it whatever you try to do with that form, as the author says.

@Sencha
    I'm just wondering: based on what criterion do bugs that are posted in this forum
    - get an answer with a corresponding bug number
    or
    - don't get any reaction at all.
    I'm particularly interested in the last group as some of my own posts are in that situation.

Ext GWT Premium Member

I have support ticket opened on this as well, and was hoping I would have at least a defect number associated with it to know that Sencha agrees it is a defect. Nothing hear yet.....

Sencha User

This has been fixed, and will be available in the next release of GXT 3. Thanks for your patience - a very small fix, but took many hours over several debugging sessions to find the exact root of the issue.

Unfortunately, I was unable to devise a reasonable workaround, but 3.0.2 should be available in the near future, otherwise build from SVN.