Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
Architect Build tested:
- Setting a layout in a tab to 'border' and adding a central region stretches the tab width.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create a new Ext 4.x project
- Add a tab panel
- Choose a tab and assign it a 'border' layout
- Add a panel to the tab and set its region to 'center'
- Watch the tab stretch out to a specific, unflexible width
The result that was expected:
- Tabs should continue to function regularly as expected
Could you please put more steps in your bug report? or better yet include an archived project (xda) taht you think is illustrating misbehavior?
How about an illustration?
I've noticed this sometimes; what seems to happen is that a Width gets sets on the TabConfig element of the tab. Remove that and you should find your tab is flexible again.
From the illustration and Andrew's comment it sounds like we are treating the tab as if its a item of the panel and then setting a width because its being automatically calculated to a region of east or west.
What build are you using? I am unable to reproduce with the latest public 442 build.
Andrew is correct, the TabConfig width gets set for some reason as soon as a center region is added. And removing the width does bring the tab back to its original configuration. Thanks.
And I'm using build 442, for the record.