Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    iamar is on a distinguished road

Default PagingToolBar is not displayed at startup.

Hi,

I am fairly new to gxt grid and pagingtoolbar and my problem is that when I first time display the grid the paging tool bar is NOT displayed. But when I click on sort or any other filter options the pagingtoolbar is displayed properly.
    In addition in debug mode I see that the correct values such as offset and total records are returned from the server to the client side properly.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Ilan,

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

It sounds like this could be a layout issue with your code, but without seeing how you are building this it is hard to tell.

Can you try the example at http://sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:paginggrid and see if it can be modified to demonstrate the issue?

Otherwise, can you share a class that implements EntryPoint and demonstrates how you are setting up the UI to have this issue?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    iamar is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for the response. My code is quiet different from the example you sent, please have a look at my code and tell if you see something:
    public class AlertLogView extends Composite implements AlertLogInterface {
    private static AlertLogViewUiBinder uiBinder = GWT.create(AlertLogViewUiBinder.class);
    interface AlertLogViewUiBinder extends UiBinder<Widget, AlertLogView> {
    }
    // UI Fields
    @UiField
    FiltersPanel filterPanel;
    @UiField
    ColumnModel<ClientAlert> cm;
    @UiField
    ListStore<ClientAlert> store;
    @UiField
    Grid<ClientAlert> grid;
    @UiField
    GridView<ClientAlert> view;
    @UiFactory
    ColumnModel<ClientAlert> createColumnModel() {
    return cm;
    }
    @UiFactory
    ListStore<ClientAlert> createListStore() {
    return store;
    }
    @UiField
    PagingToolBar toolBar;
    // Constructor
    public AlertLogView() {
    }
    /**
    * Method used the construct the view.
    * Since the view needs to receive the data store before being created - this
    * method is invoked by the presenter after creating the data store
    * @param loader
    * @param store
    */
    private void initView(PagingLoader<PagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<ClientAlert>> loader, ListStore<ClientAlert> store) {
    // Set column model
    initColumnModel();
    // Set the data store
    this.store = store;
    initWidget(uiBinder.createAndBindUi(this));
    // Set the loader
    grid.setLoader(loader);
    toolBar.bind(loader);
    initFilters();

}
    // Init the filter panel with all required filters
    private void initFilters() {
    filterPanel.setFiltersStyle(FiltersStyle.WIDGETS);
    List<FilterWidget> filters = new ArrayList<FilterWidget>();
    FilterWidget kpiTypeFilter = new FilterWidget(AlertLogColumnType.KPY_TYPE.getFilterName(), FilterWidgetTypes.FILTER_KPI_TYPE, true);
    filters.add(kpiTypeFilter);
    FilterWidget locationFilter = new FilterWidget(AlertLogColumnType.LOCATION.getFilterName(), FilterWidgetTypes.FILTER_LOCATION, true);
    filters.add(locationFilter);
    FilterWidget severityFilter = new FilterWidget(AlertLogColumnType.SEVERITY.getFilterName(), FilterWidgetTypes.FILTER_ALERT_SEVERITY, true);
    filters.add(severityFilter);
    FilterWidget trafficFilter = new FilterWidget(AlertLogColumnType.TRAFFIC_TYPE.getFilterName(), FilterWidgetTypes.FILTER_TRAFFIC_TYPE, true);
    filters.add(trafficFilter);
    FilterWidget datesFilter = new FilterWidget(AlertLogColumnType.ALERT_DATE.getFilterName(), FilterWidgetTypes.FILTER_FROM_TO, true);
    filters.add(datesFilter);

filterPanel.setFiltersPanel(filters);
    }
    // Init the grid's column model
    private void initColumnModel() {

AlertModelProperties props = GWT.create(AlertModelProperties.class);

// Build column model
    ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, AlertSeverityType> severityCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, AlertSeverityType>(props.severity(), 30, "");
    severityCC.setCell(new SeverityCell());

ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, Date> dateCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, Date>(props.alertTime(), 120, I18n.getMessages().alDate());
    dateCC.setCell(new LogDateCell());

ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, String> countryCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, String>(props.countryCode(), 150, I18n.getMessages().alCountry());
    countryCC.setCell(new CountryCell());

ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, String> operatorCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, String>(props.operatorId(), 180, I18n.getMessages().alOperator());
    operatorCC.setCell(new OperatorCell());

ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, TrafficType> trafficTypeCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, TrafficType>(props.trafficType(), 100, I18n.getMessages().alTrafficType());

trafficTypeCC.setCell(new TrafficTypeCell());

ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ClientKPIType> kpiCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ClientKPIType>(props.kpiType(), 180, I18n.getMessages().alKPI());
    kpiCC.setCell(new KPICell());

ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ClientAlert> recentCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ClientAlert>(new IdentityValueProvider<ClientAlert>(), 90, I18n.getMessages().alRecent());
    recentCC.setSortable(false);
    recentCC.setCell(new LogRecentCell());

ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ClientAlert> thresholdCC = new ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ClientAlert>(new IdentityValueProvider<ClientAlert>(), 250, I18n.getMessages().alThreshold());
    thresholdCC.setSortable(false);
    thresholdCC.setCell(new LogThresholdCell());

// TODO - add module column
    List<ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ?>> l = new ArrayList<ColumnConfig<ClientAlert, ?>>();
    l.add(severityCC);
    l.add(dateCC);
    l.add(countryCC);
    l.add(operatorCC);
    l.add(trafficTypeCC);
    l.add(kpiCC);
    l.add(recentCC);
    l.add(thresholdCC);
    cm = new ColumnModel<ClientAlert>(l);
    }

// External Interface
    public Map<String, Map<FilterKeyTypes, List<String>>> getFilterValues() {
    return filterPanel.getFiltersValues();
    }

// Initiates the view
    public void buildView(PagingLoader<PagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<ClientAlert>> loader, ListStore<ClientAlert> store) {
    initView(loader, store);
    }

public void setFilterHandler(ValueChangeHandler<Map<FilterKeyTypes, List<String>>> handler) {
    filterPanel.addFilterWidgetChangeValueHandler(handler);
    }

public Map<String, Map<FilterKeyTypes, List<String>>> getFilters() {
    return filterPanel.getFiltersValues();
    }
    }

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    iadded is on a distinguished road

Default More Details on the problem

Thanks for your fast reply on this matter.
    My name is Inbal and i'm working with Ilan on this project.
    I will try to better explain the problem we are facing (creating a small app is not simple).

Our code is divided to View and Presenter.
    View uses UI binder to create the layout - code is based on the example you mentioned in your reply. The only major change is we are using FlowPanel instead of GXT containers for the layout.

Here is a pseudo code of the flow :

Presenter :
    - Create data store
    - Create rpcproxy
    - Create loader
    - Call View.buildWidget(loader, store)

View.buildWidget
    - init column model
    - set local store variable
    - initWidget(uiBinder.createAndBindUi(this))
    - grid.setLoader(loader);- toolBar.bind(loader);

Presenter :
    - loader.load();

This code results in the grid being loaded with data - but the paging toolbar is not displayed. After applying any sort or filter to the grid - toolbar appears and works properly.

I looked again at the example and added the timer to the presenter as follows :

Timer t = new Timer() {
    @Override
    public void run() {
    loader.load();

}
    };
    t.schedule(20000);

Now it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. and as you can see - i had to set the timer to 20 seconds for t to work.

The main problem is i'm not sure i understand the flow - and what should be called when ...
    Our application takes long time to load - and the page presenting the grid is not presented immediately - so i need to understand how things are working and how i should schedule everything.

If those details is not enough - let me know and i will try to reproduce the problem in a small application i can share with you.

Any help on this issue will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Inbal

Thread Participants: 2