25 Jul 2012 5:33 AM #1
Corrupted metadata / error due to renaming
Architect Build tested:
- Build: 442
- Ext JS 4.x
- I saved and I get a crashing error.
- Don't know. If I knew I could resolve the issue.
- If I did something wrong I expect a significant error. At least a file/line numer, method or component, stack-trace or something.
- TypeError: 'null' is not an object
- prevent this kind of errors, and if this error occurs, show more info. We are developers we can read a stacktrace, change source code and even metadata if absolutely needed.
25 Jul 2012 5:54 AM #2
I have located the issue by removing everything one by one till I could save.
I had renamed a userClassName. I used that same classname as targetType in a controllerAction. The targetType name wasn't re-factored with the renaming of the class and caused the error. By picking the renamed class name the error was resolved!
I suggest fixing this but also provide better error messages. Thanx in advance!
26 Jul 2012 12:39 AM #3
I also experienced this and ++ for detailed error messages.First I would like to thank you for your time and knowledge
Win 7 Ext JS 4.1.3 IE(6-9), FF17
26 Jul 2012 8:06 AM #4
Better error messages are coming in the next minor release.
If you are able to provide precise steps to reproduce the issue, it will help us expedite fixing the problem.Aaron Conran
27 Jul 2012 12:10 AM #5
1) create new project
2) drag a container (or any component) on your views
3) create controller and controller action
4) fill in a legit config and select as targetType 'MyContainer'
5) rename 'MyContainer' to something else (like YourContainer)
6) try to save -> error; try to deploy -> no error but no files where copied.
how it should be:
rename the component -> the targetType should be renamed aswel or throw a clear error saying the component doensn't exist anymore and you should pick another targetType.
27 Jul 2012 7:20 AM #6
Thanks for the thorough steps to reproduce.Aaron Conran
14 Aug 2012 2:04 PM #7Aaron Conran