Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After upgrade to Sencha Touch 2.1.0 BETA 2, my app becomes a tiny cube

Touch Premium Member

Default After upgrade to Sencha Touch 2.1.0 BETA 2, my app becomes a tiny cube

Don't know if this is a known problem, but I can't seem to find anything close to this issue that might help me. Just by upgrading the sencha-touch lib, it looks like my app is now "squished" to a 1cm by 1cm cube in the upper left hand corner. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Seems like someone mentioned there was a problem with the default view in 2.1.0 b2, but I have no idea how to set the default view or any parameter of the view. Anyone have some sample code?

Touch Premium Member

Default Found the issue

I don't know if this affects upgrades every time, but when I upgraded from 2.0.1 commercial to 2.1.0 b2 my application turned into a squished cube. The problem seems to be in the resource directory or my custom sass css. I really didn't change anything that was size related, all my changes had to do with colors, but something changed dramatically.

In hindsight maybe a recompile of my sass file would have done the trick after a "sdk upgrade". But what I did for the sake of time, was started using the default app.css of the newly created resource directory of my new test project and my app reverted back to full size again.

Sencha User
    Answers

Could you post a screenshot of your app??

Sencha User

mind to tell us how do u/whats the step u upgrade yr app to 2.1.0?

Sencha Premium Member

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue while updating my application from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 BETA2. Please find attached the screenshot.

However, I didn't had this issue when I tried updating my application from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 BETA1.

Regards,
    Rajat Srivastava

Cube.jpg

Sencha Premium Member

Assuming that you have installed Sencha SDK Tools - in the command prompt go to the newly downloaded sdk folder and type:

sencha app upgrade <PATH-TO-THE-ROOT-FOLDER-OF-YOUR-WEBAPP>

Touch Premium Member

Default Steps to reproduce the problem

What I did:
    1. downloaded the latest ST 2.1.0 b2 library.
    2. Upgrade my app. To do this, I needed to unzip the ST 2.1.0 library, cd to the new ST 2.1.0 b2 directory and then run the sencha upgrade command on the command line and with the directory of my mobile app.
    3. When the dust cleared: try the application.

Steps to fix the problem:
    After doing the previous steps and seeing the "cube" problem,
    1. I created a new app from the command line called hw01 (not that the name matters ).
    2. then I took the resource directory from hw01 and replaced my app's resource directory with the one from hw01.
    3. Instead of using my custom css file, I used the standard "app.css" from the new resource directory and my app started working again.

As far as a screenshot, it looks just like rejjy1980's post.

Sencha User

so is it simply mean the upgrade command didnt work properly?

Touch Premium Member

Default Work properly

Hum, I guess I would have to know the design of the upgrade command to say whether it worked properly or not. As a user, I might expect the upgrade command to say something like: Hey, maybe you need to rebuild your sass/css files or use our new resource directory. Just a clue if something goes wrong. I am not sure anyone would expect more than this.

I don't know if there are any best practices after an upgrade that anyone/everyone should follow. If it can be automated, I guess go ahead and do some checks, but I don't know if that is possible.

If I may suggest:
    If after the upgrade command runs, it checks the resource directory -- if it sees a new sass file: Should I re-run your sass file? or at least, you need to do it.

Or, here are 3 things you might want to check now ....

Sencha User
    Answers

So luiscortes, you fixed the problem by doing a new compass compile?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast