I have found this old thread on initial release of Grid Search Plugin and because I have recently rewritten the plugin for Ext 4.x, I'm updating the thread too.
Don't bother to read all replies as they are probably pertinent only to the original, old version. Only this post and the end of the thread (year 2014+) are interesting.
- written from scratch anew, not a quickie port of the old version
- very easy to deploy
- Architect aux package available on demand
- remote or local search
- user selectable fields to search in
- no configuration options required if used with bottom paging toolbar
- highly configurable: 32 own configuration options
- rich API: 21 own methods and 4 properties
Full info and live demo available here: Ext Grid Search Plugin