You found a bug! We've classified it as TOUCH-3288 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Touch Premium Member suzuki1100nz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold

Default Post drag doesn't set the new left, top or right position on the component or element

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Touch version tested:
    • Sencha Touch 2.0.2
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Chrome 21.0.1180.81 beta-m
      Firefox 14.0.1 (firebug 1.10.2)
      Safari 5.1.2
    DOCTYPE tested against:
    • <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    Description:
    • After dragging a component the new position details are not set on the component or the element.
    • I expect getLeft() getTop() and getRight to return the new position details post drag when called on the element or the component
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • See code below
    The result that was expected:
    • getLeft() getTop() and getRight to return the new position details post drag when called on the element or the component
    The result that occurs instead:
    • The old left and top positions are retained
    • Can use offsets to calculate the new positions or look at the css webkittransform
    Test Case:
    Code:

Ext.application({
      name: 'Test',
      launch: function () {

var cont = Ext.create('Ext.Container', {
          width: 100,
          height: 100,
            left: 30,
            top: 30,
            style: 'border : 1px dashed red;',
            draggable: {
                listeners: {
                    dragstart: {
                        fn: function (component, event, offsetX, offsetY, listener) {
                           console.log("Drag Start Container:  left=" + cont.getLeft() + "  right=" + cont.getRight() + " top=" + cont.getTop() + "  width=" + cont.getWidth());
                          console.log("Drag Start Container element:  left=" + cont.element.getLeft() + "  right=" + cont.element.getRight() + " top=" + cont.element.getTop() + "  width=" + cont.element.getWidth());
                        },
                        order: 'before',
                        scope: this
                    },
                    dragend: {
                        fn: function (component, event, offsetX, offsetY, listener) {
                            console.log("Drag end Container:  left=" + cont.getLeft() + "  right=" + cont.getRight() + " top=" + cont.getTop() + "  width=" + cont.getWidth());
                            console.log("Drag end Container element:  left=" + cont.element.getLeft() + "  right=" + cont.element.getRight() + " top=" + cont.element.getTop() + "  width=" + cont.element.getWidth());

},
                        order: 'after',
                        scope: this
                    }
                }
            }
        });

Ext.Viewport.add(cont);
      }
    });

HELPFUL INFORMATION
    Possible fix:
    • not provided
    Additional CSS used:
    • only default ext-all.css
    Operating System:
    • Win 7

Sencha - Senior Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Technically if you inspect the <div> for the container it still has left and top as 30px but the -webkit-transform rule is what moves it. We will discus if we can do something about this.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member suzuki1100nz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold

Hi - I guess what I'm after maybe part of the Droppable class behaviour?

I would still expect with draggable to get valid component positions that reflect the new position not the old.
    I have coded a workaround in a drag end listener.

Code:
    me.setLeft(newLeft);
    me.setTop(newTop);

//Now remove the webkit transform css as we have set the new left and top positions
    me.getDraggable().setOffset(0, 0);

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ebernabei is on a distinguished road

Okay, you just saved me from insanity with your simple work-around. I was spending hours (won't admit to days ) trying to understand why my code was broken. Now I know why...

Thanks, suzuki1100nz !

Thread Participants: 2