EXT 4.1.1 problem with various chart items
I'm working on various charts (column, stacked, bar, line, area) and the test app I created is working perfect with ext-4.0.7. But while i upgraded to 4.1.1 many charts have started showing problems as below:
1. Stacked charts are not showing at all. If I check the svg with firebug i can see that the rect nodes are there but having height and y attributes as 0. If I manually change the height and y attributes I can see something gets created in the browser. The same is the problem with other browsers like IE.
2. Column charts are showing but not showing complete data. For example I have 6 elements to show in each group but it shows only 3 items in each group. Again checking with firebug it has height and y attributes as 0 for the missing elements. Same is the case with bar, line and area chart.
I do not see any error in the console or error tab. Can you please suggest what is going wrong here. The charts i'm trying to create are all dynamic and user can change to any chart type. And the reason i'm switching to 4.1.1 is, in the earlier version 4.0.7 pie charts are not showing at all but in 4.1.1 they are working fine.
Do our online examples charts work ok? Do can compare the code and find any differences?
We will need small working test cases for these problems with screens if possible.
There would be havoc if we released 4.1 and the charts did not work, so I suspect there is a problem somewhere in your code.
Thanks for the reply,
I understand this and am working on comparing + running some test cases. My initial doubt was about the config changes Sencha might have done in the new release. Running test case will be a little difficult for me as everything is dynamic and the chart type and data is also determined at runtime.
Working on debug sessions and will come back if I find anything or have any further questions.
We have got the solution! it was on our part but Sencha was not letting us know this error until 4.1.1.
We are creating data dynamically having different length of data values and due to some code error we were pushing less data fields in store. Now earlier version was smart enough to push these values automatic but not 4.1.1. It does not fill the values of fields in the store and it creats a data mismatch and cause stacked chart to not to display anything while other charts like line, column, area show the values which are filled and skip the rest.
Thank you for the update. Glad you figured it out!
Tags for this Thread