Most of you are probably familiar with the commercial license thread that went on and ultimately the decision to stay open source - because that is what most of the community encouraged and it felt like the right thing to do. I don't regret that decision, but I must say - I am very disappointed.
After over 2 months of hard work, the new alpha release was made available to everyone and was downloaded over 2000 times. That's pretty amazing for an alpha release!
The part that was disappointing is that there were 0 donations. That's right, absolutely no donations. I understand it's just an alpha release, the documentation and examples are very low quality, and some people may be waiting for support/commercial licenses - but 0 donations?
I am working in 24+ hour shifts to fix the bugs you report, answer your questions and give support to those who need it.
I also created a new toolbar and menu example with code comments - it's not as good as documentation, but hopefully it's a start.
In case you are having trouble finding the donate button, here's a shortcut.
The new build is available here:
The menu example is here:
Most notable bug fixes:
- Gray/vista theme now have gray menus
- fix date picker month menu not hiding on mouseout with aero theme
- fix strange rounding problem with paging toolbar
- borderlayout slide+expand = disappear corrected. It now pins (as requested) without the anim
- toolbar and menu cursor+gray text problem fixed
- random tree issues corrected
- RowSelectionModel getSelected/getSelections corrected
Technically there was one donation yesterday, but it was by someone who is not even using the alpha - he donated for help given in private messages.