27 Aug 2012 2:07 PM #1
Unanswered: iOS Native Packaging White Screen for 5 seconds
I have an app that runs just fine in chrome, and in IOS browser, however when packaged for iOS using Sencha Architect the following happens:
On app start:
- Splash screen displays for 1/2 second
- White screen for 5 or so seconds
- Main app screen loads and app starts
I am using Sencha Touch 2.0.3, and in my index.html I am referencing sencha-touch-all.js.
I can not publish my app with this happening, and need a fix urgently.
28 Aug 2012 1:15 AM #2
Update: using 2.0.3 my maps stopped working. After spending 6 hours of fruitless debugging reverting to an earlier release resolved the issue.
Another question: If you have a premium subscription, is it worth using the point releases?
Still no success on the white screen isssue.
29 Aug 2012 5:01 AM #3
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Having a support subscription you get the latest code where if you don't then you don't get the latest releases, we do have support subscriber only releases (2.0.2, 2.0.3 are both support subscriber only releases).Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
29 Aug 2012 1:53 PM #4
I have put this to Sencha support. When i get resolution, i will post here for everyone else. Its a serious issue when you make a commitment to a customer and then cant deliver.
3 Sep 2012 11:02 AM #5
6 days later, and with support assistance, still no joy.
I am at my wits end, and am looking increasingly incompetent in the eyes of my customer for choosing Sencha as a platform.
The two killer issues I have are:
* Blank white screen for 5 seconds while app loads - ignores the splash images that have been specified, and as I have set the background image in index.html to be a splash image, suspect that this happens before it even gets to loading my app. (I could live with this if the splash images i have defined would display, but they don't). In the attached test app this screen shows for 1-2 seconds - in my much more complex production app it is 4-5 seconds.
* Geocoding maps gives a terrible /var/www/..... wants to use your location. What is the point of using geocoding when any attempt to use it looks like a virus? About 50% of the time it also says "Test App Wants to use your location...." I can live with that. See attached image.
An issue, but less pressing:
* Sencha seems to ignore the splash images that I have defined
Note: The white screen issue is most obvious on an actual phone - the simulator is so much faster than the phone that you largely dont notice it.
Here are some details:
* Mac osx mountain lion
* Sencha Architect 2.1
* Sencha stbuild 2.0.2
* End to end sencha packaging
* Iphone 4, iOS 5.1.1
If anyone can point me to a simple git project, thats been built using Sencha Architect, that can be packaged by Sencha, and that runs on a phone without the white screen of death, and ideally without the geocoding message, then i would be very grateful.
I have put my test project up on github at https://github.com/adamgoodrich/Test
I am quite prepared to pay someone to get a speedy solution to this issue.
3 Sep 2012 7:32 PM #6
Well, some progress. I repackaged from the beginning with Phonegap. I now have an acceptable startup sequence. Sencha packaging is still MIA.