Thread: [2.0.1] Combo Box, msgTarget position

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [2.0.1][INFO REQ] Combo Box, msgTarget position

For a combobox should the positioning of the msgTarget not take into account the positioning of the trigger elements?

At present the tooltip icon overwrites the trigger making it difficult for the user to do anything to correct the problem.

Ext.form.Field.prototype.msgTarget = 'side';

See attached clip
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sencha User

Combo already does this. The Field class calls this.alignErrorIcon() to position it, and TriggerField (which Combo extends) overrides alignErrorIcon to align the icon to the wrapper element. Are you sure there's not something else going on in your code?

Thanks for your reply.

You can see from the screenshot that it the example it is wrong. Across the entire application however most combos (I now realise) are placing the error icon in the correct place. As yet I can't find anything different from those that don't. They are are all heavily nested in forms in cards in tabs with deferredRender at the highest level but then so are the ones that work.

If I can find the cause and it is relevant I will post a simple example for you guys to look at but it's a minor issue anyhow.

Cheers
    Graeme

GraemeBryce,

Did you get to the bottom of this? I noticed my combos starting to do the same thing and I am not sure what recent work caused it.

Just wondering if you found the cause.

No I have not yet been able to identify why this is happening to SOME combo boxes and not to others when they are essentially all constructed in the same way.

I can confirm that some are rendering correctly.

I need to be able to create a simple replica of the error but clearly there is a lot of interaction between different components that eventually causes the problem. I have also observerd that an attempt to submit a form will fail beause some of the fileds (notably including combos) are required but the user has not completed them, however the invalid toolTip and Icon are not shown. I think the two issues are linked.

GB

In both my examples it seems to be combos on tabs other than the first. Is this the same as your example Graeme?

Has anyone else got combo MsgTargets working on tabs other than the first?