Sencha Premium Member
Can't get FriendUpdates Example to work
I downloaded and unpacked the zip file from github https://github.com/SenchaArchitect/F...ates/downloads. I imported the FriendUpdates.xda into Architect 2 and tried to run it locally but got a blank web page. I uploaded the files to a remote server and put in the url to the app.html and still got a blank screen. At this point I thought since it has an appId it might be a FB app so in FB I configured my developers app settings to point to the the remote server and went back to Architect 2 and changed the appId under Controllers-> Facebook in the Project Inspector to be the same as I set in the FB configuration. I saved the project in Architect 2 and uploaded all the files again. After uploading the files I changed the app.html to index.php on the remote server. I then removed the app on FB and reinstalled it. After selecting the app icon in my news feed page I'm still getting a blank area in the iFrame on the FB page. Just to be sure the FB iFrame was reaching out to the right place I inserted the text hello world between the opening and closing body tag of the index.php file.. This time the iFrame showed text "hello world" but nothing else. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem running this example. The README.md file does not have any information on how to use the app so I'm virtually flying blind. Please help if you can, it's holding me up during the trial period prior to purchasing the tool, thanks.
I have tried to run the example on a desktop Safari browser and on my iPad Safari browser. I have been successful in running other examples both locally, as web apps and as a FB app namely the ExtSimpleExamples and the CarListings example.
Last edited by reg.phipps; 23 Sep 2012 at 4:23 AM.
Reason: removed link to same post
Sencha Premium Member
The solution is to remove the 'FacebookApiStore', including the comma at line 26 in the app.js file
Thanks to Javier Roca for coming up with the solution and thanks to Steve Drucker for suggesting I use google chrome debug console to see the error.
Perhaps this should be updated in the github.