Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format
Orientation event: timing problem gives resolution problem in Android stock browser
Ext version tested:
Browser versions tested against:
- Android Stock Browser 4.0.3
When changing orientation mode often (70%+) the layout will be rendered to what seems like the previous orientation-mode resolution. So e.g. in portrait mode it will only use 55% of the heights screen, and only half of the pages width will show because the devices screen width is too small.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
The result that was expected:
- Create app and use the Main.js / LoginView.js code of (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...negap-Android))
- build a production version (sencha app build production)
- Visit page through devices browser
- change orientation a few times until its rendering fails to fill screen properly
The result that occurs instead:
- Screen keeps its correct rendering
Other people with similar problem:
- Android Stock Browser 2.0.3 doesn't show this problem
- On Android Stock Browser 4.0.3, it seems Sencha corrects the view on the non-production code (so non-minified)
Presumably this problem is because the stock browser sets the correct parameters window.innerWidth/Height only after Sencha reads them, so it seems like a timing problem.
Have you tried in a newer release like 2.1.0 RC1?
Hi, it looks like it's more stable now with this upgrade.
I've found this person who what seems like has the exact same problem:
- I've tested on Android 2.0.3 and no problems (as before)
- 4.0.4 now on first load seems stuck in portrait mode, even if i change orientation.
On refresh however it's fine and so far it hasn't messed up the resolution.
(this is sort of the opposite as before, when on first load I think 99% of the time it would work)
and then this person who has seemingly the same problem: