ExtGWT Cookbook From Packt
I thought I should let the community know of my recent work with Sencha ExtGWT (GXT).
I've been documenting my code, challenges, solutions, and experiences with GXT for as long as I care to remember, coupled with common help topics posted to online forums, I decided to publish this as a collection of recipes targeted at beginning/intermediate GXT developers, so as to ease the learning curve and help improve existing skill-set.
Titled ExtGWT Rich Internet Application Cookbook, its a fast paced and concise tutorial guide for ExtGWT with lucid and ready-to-use recipes. The screenshots and the code examples really make the book very comprehensive and interesting.
What you will learn from the book
- Use ExtGWT’s very rich UI widgets
- Create stunning UIs with several Layouts and Templates
- Visualize data with beautiful and interactive Charts as well as third party visualization kits
- Build and assemble Widgets that are bound to remote data
- Create a custom theme or customize an existing one
- Easily apply MVP, EventBus, Code Splitting, and other GWT best practices
- Add Push functionality to your web apps with Comet
- Start taking advantage of HTML5
Grab a copy here :
If anyone is interested in reviewing the book on their blog/website or Amazon.com, the publisher's are offering an e-book. Feel free to contact email@example.com
Lets hear your opinions, comments and suggestions.
Does the book cover GXT 3 at all? The quick look I had at the pages available online seem to indicate that it is only GXT 2.2.5. If that's the case, would you mind me moving this to the GXT 2.x Discussion where it might find a more interested audience?