Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ST2.1 RC2 Can't find variable: device

    Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
  1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    55
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default ST2.1 RC2 Can't find variable: device

    I'm in ST2.1 RC2.

    I try my app in IOS6 Safari and everything works ok.

    I add the app to the Home Screen and then launch it from there. The application gets stuck in the launch screen and using Weinre I get the following error message:

    "error occurred: http://192.168.11.24:8080/devel/reader/sencha-reader/touch/src/device/device/Sencha.js?_dc=1350475622382:7: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: device"

    At the same time and, what it seems to me, randomly I get a message like this:

    "error occurred: http://192.168.11.24:8080/devel/reader/sencha-reader/touch/sencha-touch.js:8332: Error: [Ext.Loader] Failed loading 'touch/src/dataview/component/Container.js', please verify that the file exists"

    The Loader fails at random files; one time could be Component.js, another could be Dataview.js or Model.js or Store.js (and more I don't recall).

    At the same time, the app works in MacOS Chrome 22, IOS6 Safari and Android 4 Browser.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Sencha - Sr Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    39,699
    Vote Rating
    1279
      0  

    Default

    Can I get a test case? I have not had any issue especially with using a dataview (with or without using components)
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
    ________________
    Learn BBCode and use it! Checkout the CODE tag!

    Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS and Sencha Touch
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

  3. #3
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    55
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default

    Hello,

    I managed to resolve the issue. It involved Ext.device.Device to check the platform. So using the app (no packaging involved) in an iPad was failing, whereas using it for dev in MacOS Chrome was OK. It was OK using the app in an Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Android 4.

    I just stopped using the Ext.device.Device as it was a long forgotten leftover for something I thought I needed.
    thx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •