Thread: Accessing itemcontextmenu params from menu

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Accessing itemcontextmenu params from menu

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the whole context menu thing, but I've been working through the action grid example here:

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!/example/menu/action-grid.html

T
    his has been pretty helpful, but it assumes that the menu action handler has a named reference to the grid object in the current binding. I'm looking to use a factory of sorts and while I might be able to structure such that I can form a closure or get the binding right, it'd be more flexible if I could just access the arguments to the itemcontexthandler through the menu item. Barring that, if I could traverse from the action through the menu up to the parent grid, I could make do with that. Ultimately I just want the record for the current row.

I'm sure I could come up with a way to do this, but is there something built-in to ExtJS for this sort of stuff? Or what's the best practice around it?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

A menu factory method seems to work fine. Since I'm not anticipating a lot of right-clicks here, GC shouldn't be a problem. So I could just roll with this. But I'd still be interested in knowing if from either the "widget" or "event" arguments if one could get a handle to the row/record/grid that was clicked on.