You found a bug! We've classified it as
We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
TextField can't get focus when copying text from other place rather than current page
TextField cannot get focus when copying text from other place rather than current page.
Exist only in IE
Assume that there is a login page with a username field and a password field, login button should be enabled as long as both these two field are not empty, when the page pop-up, focus stays in username field by default. Operating according to following steps:
Expected result: password is typed and Login button is enabled.
- Type “administrator” in the username field (or input text by any other way you like). Keep focus stay in current field.
- Switch to notepad (anywhere outside current web page) and copy the password.
- Switch back to login page, directly right click in the password field and click on Paste.
Actual result: login button is still disabled.
I have debugged that the current focus is still in the username field, which means that password field can't get focus this way. All text fields have this common issue, I think this is a common bug related to GXT probably to IE.
Is there a code sample or running app that we can test this with?
Attached is a code sample.
Operating according to following steps:
Expected result: values of all three fields are saved.
- Press “AddNew” button, enter “003” in the ID field.
- Switch to notepad (anywhere outside current page), copy a piece of text.
- Switch back to example page, directly right click in the name field and click on Paste.
- Focus on Type field; enter a number, press save button of grid editor.
Actual result: the value of name field disappears.
- When double click the new record and come to an editing mode; the value of name field appears.
- When press “AddNew” button again after the error occurs, the unsaved value will in the name field.
I can reproduce this issue in 3.0.1 as well as the latest from SVN. It appears to be related to focusing by that right click - any other way of bringing focus back to the app seems to result in this working correctly. Since the content does make it into the field, it seems that the field somehow hasn't yet noticed that it was focused, so it doesnt save the value after blurring. Additionally, I notice that when I add a second row after the bug has occurred, the Name column already has the value that wasn't saved correctly, and that unless I change this value, it still doesnt save.
Thanks for the bug report - we'll update this thread when we have some progress to share.