2 Nov 2012 1:12 PM #1
2 possible bugs/issues with v220.127.116.11
I'm running this on Windows XP SP3.
ExtJS v4.1.1a commercial.
Quite possibly I just have something configured wrong...
Whenever I run "sencha app build", I get a new (empty) directory called "build" (one level above at the level of my application directory).
The "build" directory inside my application directory is created and populated correctly...it's just weird getting that extra "build" directory above.
The build "process" did not detect that I had an xtype=form, with standardSubmit = true.
Once I added 'Ext.form.action.StandardSubmit' to the requires array in the app.js, all was good...but I would have expected the process to detect it's requirement from the code.
Are these problems mine (configuration/understanding), or elsewhere?
5 Nov 2012 7:25 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
#1 Is the build directory weird or the app name directory within the build directory? Remember you can have multiple workspaces now so I'm not too sure why it's weird.
#2 Cmd will auto-detect some things but not everything yet. It's a good rule of thumb that if the Ext JS class you are extending does not require it, you must. For your case, neither Ext.form.Panel and Ext.form.Basic require Ext.form.action.StandardSubmit so you must.
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
5 Nov 2012 8:14 AM #3
I'm using the default "build" directory name: build.
The app name is "Locator".
I checked two other projects that I've been working on, and it's not happening there.
The only thing I note that's different is that the Eclipse project name & main folder has underscores "_" in the folder name.
Understood. It just means that we need to remember to test every single part of the UI after a code change to be sure we've confirmed that all library code we need has been added.
But, that's reasonable.
6 Nov 2012 8:03 AM #4
I appear to have tracked down where the issue is:
If I leave the default (initial) setting:
If however, it set it to something else like:
13 Nov 2012 12:53 AM #5
We are missing some entries in our auto-dependency configuration file ... for standardSubmit - thanks!