8 Nov 2012 2:49 PM #1
Unanswered: Failure Running From non-localhost Server
I have a Sencha ExtJS 4.0.7 project. Nothing fancy, a few tabs, a few grids, backing stores, etc.
The grids use paging toolbars. These paging toolbars, and several other miscellaneous buttons, fail to load in Internet Explorer 8 if, and only if, the application is accessed via a true host name such as http://scottj/app.html. The application loads and works correctly if accessed via http://localhost/app.html.
Any assistance appreciated.
10 Nov 2012 6:18 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
I've never used Tomcat (I'm not a Java head) but I use virtualhosts on apache and can load from other domains.Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
15 Nov 2012 1:37 PM #3
Json files don't load
I'm having the same type of problem. LocalHost runs everything great. I move it to my web server and the Json files don't load my tree or grid data. When I use array data, grids populate.
17 Nov 2012 6:26 PM #4
ie 8 compatiblity
I found that
<!DOCTYPE html >
<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=8" >
works to get jqGrid to work. (that's the other grid my company is evaluating).
But it didn't work for Sencha.
JSON string didn't pass the JSONLint test, but then again the sample from Sencha didn't pass either.
I do suspect that the JSON is wrong, but what is right when the sample worked?
Still at a loss...
19 Nov 2012 8:21 AM #5
We had a UI re-factoring that was scheduled. I did extensive work during that to test regularly in IE8 and to never test using localhost. During that process I never again encountered this issue, and my (re-factored) application is working today.
I did save my old project, and it's still broken, should I deploy it. I've found no solution to this mystery to date.
19 Nov 2012 12:18 PM #6
I just checked to be sure, and the original project was using ExtJS 4.0.7, and when I re-factored, I did use ExtJS 4.1.3. And during the process there was also an update released for Architect to version 2.1 build 676. I'm not sure if any of this affected the outcome, but it may indeed have been relevant.