27 Nov 2012 2:38 PM #1
Unanswered: Updates not reflected on iOS Simulator after rebuild
Not sure if this is a Sencha issue or a Phonegap issue. I am working on a project using Phonegap 2.2.0 & Sencha Touch 2.1. Whenever I make a change in a JS file and rebuild the project using Xcode, in order for the change to be reflected in the iOS simulator I have to uninstall the old version first.
Is this a known issue? How do I solve it?
29 Nov 2012 9:24 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
This doesn't really sound like a Touch issue. Is the app still running? If you tap on the home button twice is the app still there?Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services email@example.com
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
29 Nov 2012 9:27 AM #3
Thanks for your reply. The issue occurs regardless I whether the app is running, closed but I'm background or shutdown completely.
It only updates properly if I remove the app first.
29 Nov 2012 10:12 AM #4
I have gotten inconsistent results from the combination of XCode/PhoneGap/Sencha unless I do this. Sometimes the app would immediately exit in the sim, sometimes the code changes wouldn't be reflected. So my workflow now is to create the Sencha app, and work on it in the browser for a while, then when I get to a testing point, I'll have Sencha cmd build the package. I've got the PhoneGap project pointing it's www directory to the package output directory via a symlink. So when I want to test in the simulator, I switch to XCode, clean the build, then hit run in simulator. It's a little longer, but the Sencha code is decoupled from the XCode project and the PhoneGap code, plus I don't have to spend the extra time wondering why things aren't working right in the simulator when I know the code I just wrote is there.