3 Dec 2012 3:12 PM #1
Native Packaging for iOS
First of all I want to say I'm very excited for the native packaging with Architect. I can't wait to simplify my workflow and take phonegap/xcode out of the equation.
However, I'm having hard time packaging. I set up a new Touch 2.1 project in Architect (18.104.22.1686). I have also successfully configured CMD 22.214.171.124 outlined in the "Publishing, Packaging, and Simulating a Project".
I have also set up my packager.json settings file—taking special care to ensure the settings are accurate as outlined in the "Native Packaging for iOS and Android".
That being said, I'm receiving the following errors in Terminal:
Sencha Cmd v126.96.36.199
../build///ClassroomVideo.app: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
The application was successfully packaged
Failed to execute system command while signing application with error 256
Failed to package application
stbuild exited with non-zero code : 6
Does this mean anything to anyone? This does generate an app, but when I try to install it via iTunes, I get an error stating the app 'failed to install'.
4 Dec 2012 11:16 AM #2
I Successfully packaged an iOS application today.
I cannot verify what exactly made it work, but the two different factors were that I installed xcode "command line tool" in addition to deleting older versions of Sencha Command.
8 Jan 2013 9:22 AM #3
XCode command line tools.
After a lot of running in circles (and I am admittedly not an expert), I got an iOS build to work for my sencha app. In case others see this, here's what I did:
- Updated to Sencha CMD and Sencha Touch 2.1. Made sure everything was working.
- Made sure my icon paths in the config file were relative to the app folder. Confusing as some paths are relative to the config file, but these for the icon files are relative to the app folder (e.g. "resources/icon/icon.png").
- Made sure the build config output path was not inside the input path.
- Made sure I was following the packaging instructions for 2.1 re: certificates, provisioning profile, build config, etc. (there are two versions of the docs.)
- Installed XCode command line tools from within XCode (XCode>Preferences>Downloads)
19 Jan 2013 7:41 AM #4
I was hitting that "object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable" error when trying to build my app via Architect, and thankfully this thread solved the issue.
Installing the XCode command line tools as mentioned above fixed it and I'm successfully able to build my app now. As was mentioned by the previous poster, I too didn't find any mention anywhere that you needed to have this add-on installed in XCode.
25 Feb 2013 6:00 PM #5
I had the same issue when attempting to build for sencha touch, and installation of Xcode tools seems to have fixed the problem for me as well. Now I'm getting "Executable was signed with invalid entitlements" in the xcode organizer but that's a different problem. At least the build appears to work.