4 Dec 2012 5:14 AM #1
Packaging a Android native app doesnt respect orientation setting from packager.json
Sencha cmd version tested:
- Samsung Galaxy sII with Android 2.3.4
- HTC Desiré with Android 2.2
- Android manifest is not properly generated, since it doesn´t include orientation options described in packager.json.
- Add this line in packager.json: "orientations": ["portrait"]
- Get the apk running 'sencha app build native' or 'sencha package build packager.json'
- Android manifest includes the screenOrientation and the app run only in portrait mode
- Android manifest doesn´t change and the app switch to landscape mode
4 Dec 2012 7:25 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.
4 Dec 2012 12:07 PM #3
Is there a workaround? Can I change the generated android manifest in any way?
16 Jan 2013 5:02 AM #4
I would also like to know a workaround for this.
20 Jan 2013 3:04 PM #5
Just found out how to fix this until an official bug fix is out:
Locate the file: AndroidManifest.xml in the Sencha Cmd folder.
Add the following line to force the application in portrait mode:
<activity android:name=".STActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:screenOrientation="portrait"