Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for
a recent build.
Packaging a Android native app doesnt respect orientation setting from packager.json
Sencha cmd version tested:
- Samsung Galaxy sII with Android 2.3.4
- HTC Desiré with Android 2.2
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Android manifest is not properly generated, since it doesn´t include orientation options described in packager.json.
The result that was expected:
- Add this line in packager.json: "orientations": ["portrait"]
- Get the apk running 'sencha app build native' or 'sencha package build packager.json'
The result that occurs instead:
- Android manifest includes the screenOrientation and the app run only in portrait mode
- Android manifest doesn´t change and the app switch to landscape mode
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.
Is there a workaround? Can I change the generated android manifest in any way?
I would also like to know a workaround for this.
Just found out how to fix this until an official bug fix is out:
Locate the file: AndroidManifest.xml in the Sencha Cmd folder.
Add the following line to force the application in portrait mode:
The line should be inside the activity-tag: